Friday, January 3, 2014

The Tuscan Diet - Introduction

It always surprised my friends to here me say that I lost weight whenever I would go to Italy.  "How is that even POSSIBLE??" some would say to me.

Really though, if you look at Italians in Italy, most of them are quite trim!  The lifestyle there includes a lot of outdoor activities and walking, there aren't fast food restaurants on every corner, and food is prepared with fresh and seasonal ingredients.

Fresh produce, olive oil and other tasty Tuscan foods
at the Mercato Centrale (Central Market) in Florence
I was introduced to Tuscan foods by Simone when I first set foot in Italy 3 years ago.  I really enjoyed the combination of flavors and the fact that everything was so FRESH.  I had heard before that the diet of Mediterranean countries is probably one of the most healthy diets in the world, but I never realized how delicious it could be!  I was a convert from the start...especially when I discovered how EASY it is to prepare!

I haven't bought pasta sauce in 3 years, since I found out
how easy it was to make my own!
Over the next few days, I will discuss the various elements that comprise the Tuscan diet.  These are all things that can be found anywhere and easily incorporated into your own diet, bringing a little bit of Tuscany into your own life!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment